- September 22, 2018, 9:00am to 4:00pm
- Location: TBD
The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) is hosting a National Hunting and Fishing Day
celebration. This family oriented event is a great way to introduce youth to target shooting, hunting
and fishing. It's also an opportunity to recognize that hunters and anglers are and will continue to be among the most
active supporters of wildlife management and conservation.
Youth 17 years of age and under who attend the event with an accompanying adult can shoot WDFW
firearms, archery equipment and air rifles for free. Agency staff and WDFW hunter education instructors will be on hand to teach
shooting safety and provide instruction and guidance.
For those interested in learning to fish, participants will be able to fish for the over 500 trout that
DFW will be stocking just for this event.
The event also features:
- Lunch provided for free for the first 500 youth attendees and accompanying adults.
- Free participation bags with shooting safety gear for the first 500 youth attendees.
- Door prize drawings.
- A turkey hunting clinic, and presentations on scent-free hunting.
- Opportunities to learn basic knot tying.
- Opportunities to make plaster casts of animal tracks and Japanese-style (Gyotaku) fish prints.
- Conservation organization displays and information.
This free event is also sponsored by the Stillaguamish Tribe of
Indians, Safari Club International (NW Chapter), Stonerose, Volterra Restaurants and Chef/Owner Don Curtis, Bass Pro Shops,
Trout Unlimited (Monroe Chapter), WA. Hunter Education Instructors Association (WHEIA), WA. Friends of the NRA (Grant), WA.
Grand Lodge Medical Team, WA. Ornamental Game Bird Breeders, Master Hunters, Hunter Education Instructors, Puget Sound Knappers,
National Wild Turkey Federation, Mule Deer Foundation, Chief Seattle Council BSA Shooting Sports Committee and Camp Pigott.
|National pastime; conservation benefits
(Sources: National Hunting and Fishing Day® www.nhfday.org,
and the National Shooting Sports Foundation)